Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Struck

I’ve been struck, like a bullet to the heart, a bit of a wake up call.
I have been shaken, like a medicine bottle, ‘shake well before use’ I really needed to be shaken well before God could of used me.

As a youth leader in my church I’m held to a higher standard, people ARE watching me, watching my reactions, my attitude for I am an example.
If you think about it every Christian is, every Christian should be held to a higher standard for everyone is watching us, the world is. They are watching Christians. How they act, the words they say and use (are they words of life or words of death?)

I have to say, it took me a while to get this. And I admit I have failed miserably in this area of example I could have done better, a lot better. Yes we are human we do make mistakes but we need to think about the people around us, who are we affecting?
I’m not saying I’m trying to be perfect, not at all because I know I never will be and we do learn from mistakes, sometimes we could of dealt with a situation better but from experience we will know how to approach it if it happens again in the future.
Do we want to leave people a bad taste of Christians? heck no!

I have to admit through my years when I was 16/17 I hated Christians. I didn’t have a good taste of Christians. When I thought of Christians the things that came to mind were not positive at all I thought they are all backstabbers, ‘holier’, prideful twats. Obviously I had a lot of bitterness and unforgivness in my heart. Thank you Jesus for changing my heart! I’ve fallen madly in love with the church and the church family!

I’ve come to realize that I have received gift after gift, grace after grace! And when Im old I will take a step back and have a glance on my past and know I will be overwhelmed by how much God has done in my life. It comes down to GRACE, a word we don’t hear enough.


To be continued…..

No comments: