Friday, November 28, 2008

stepping out and being the woman of integrity that God has called me to be

Okay, so a little freaked out.
Being a woman of Integrity humm…… I haven’t quite reached the full potential yet.
For some time now God has called me to speak to ‘broken woman’, and I definitely can’t do this by my own strength that’s for sure.
I sure can’t do this thing called Life without God’s strength!!

So For some time now I’ I’ve been trying to brush off the fact that God has a few specific callings on my life, a calling that I know that by my own strength I would not be able to accomplish anything. I know that by God’s strength anything is possible, that’s for sure!
I need constant guidance by the Holy Spirit. ‘ He keeps poking me’ it’s a good thing!

During Masters commission I had a super awesome room- mate who I simply love, God has given this girl incredible talents!
Well when your going to be living with someone for 9 months there’s bound to be an argument at some point! It happened to be about ‘laundry.
I knew the argument was silly and didn’t want to apologize but yet, the holy spirit poked me by saying ‘ Rebekah it about time you know how to deal with these situations because there will be a time where your going to be dealing with trouble girls and situations like this everyday, its about time you know how to handle this.”

God has definitely been stretching me and molding me more than I could ever imagine since Masters commission and doors just keep springing open constantly.

At this moment in this time I’ve been volunteering at a recovery house for woman who are recovering from drug and substance abuse.
I love these woman, I’ve learnt that these woman just need to be loved and I love loving on them!
The struggle for me was that i'm 20 years old and I’m looking after woman who were in there 30-40’s and that can be quite intimidating, plus to know that I have no idea what these woman are going through I know nothing really about drugs.

That’s when the ‘I’m too young’ phrase starts pulling in.

I’m inadequate!

I think most of us and some point in our life have cried these little words.
“I can’t do this” you have the wrong person, someone else can do the job better”

We need to be people of God who will Quit saying I Can’t!!
Don’t choose to be inadequate, because God loves to mold us but first we have to allow him to mold us, transform us, renew and cleanse us!

I need to keep reminding myself daily that this is a position that God has placed me in not anyone else, I need to learn patience and I’m also learning.
So I will use this time for God to teach me and also he placed amazing leaders in my life to help me on the way. Thank you Lord!

Ohh another thing I will try write less because I know some people hate reading long blogs SORRY!!!!!

1 comment:

Breanne Michelle said...

write less?? are you kidding me?? girl, you got stuff to say, and lots of it! never hold back because someone might not want to read it all...if its too long they can stop reading lol...but i love reading long blogs! every word! you are an amazing woman of God, continue to let Him mold you and love on you!
i love you!