Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Power to Change! - my 1st song!


Hey y'all!

forgive me for not updating for a wee bit!


I had an amazing opportunity to write and record with theeeeee famous 'Scott Nicol' yesterday :)
He has been bugging me for a while that we will write a song before i got back to Canada, I didn't actually think it would happen!

Scott is an amazing inspiration to me, a great leader, a great friend and encourages me constantly and makes me laugh till I can't breathe anymore ha ha

I'm very thankful for Scott and his family :)

He is an amazing Music leader of Cornerstone Church and also has an amazing CD 'stunning silence' and will be touring in Texas in March! whoop whoop!

Oh ! And anyone reading my blog, he's looking for Gigs in Scotland and England.....hint hint, Sam Gallagher I hope your reading this! you wanna do a Gig sometime with this dude, he's pretty awesome like you! ;) ha ha


So Yesterday I wrote my first song! When I was young I did write many songs unfortunately I didn't keep any of the words and have no idea what the songs sound like, a little gutted! (silly Becka)

Before i arrived at Scott's house in Prestwick I was really nervous about writing the song , I had no idea how to and where to begin.

We sat down and he began to ask questions about what was on my heart, I flicked through some journals, devotions, prayers and prophetic words spoken over my life.


And this is how its all pieced together!



Here it is,

Power To Change

Oh Lord you word
has the power to Change and Renew
Equip and enable, examine my heart cause I love you

Transform my weakness into supernatural strength
Empower, protect me, renew my heart again
Lord I heard you say ' I have anointed your lips'
to speak to a lifeless world
I am knocking at the door, the door of your heart
so rise up and prepare the way for me

You are anointed and I will take you
to your appointed time and place
where I will mould you, you will be still, reflect and seek my face

If you come away from the crowd, away from the crowd, away from the crowd


Oh Lord you word
has the power to change and renew
Equip and enable, examine my heart cause I love you

Transform my weakness into supernatural strength
Empower, protect me, Renew my heart again

Renew my heart again



By Rebekah-Joy




Thank you Scott for making this song happen!
check Scott Nicol out on




1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Wow becka! that song is pretty powerful1 come back soon so i can hear you sing it!